Friday, January 25, 2013

Who would you choose for a zombie apocalypse partner?

Last Thursday, I had the honor and pleasure of speaking to the youth group at my local library.  While we were waiting for the others to show up, one of the teens was telling us about his public speaking class.  He explained that instead of introducing themselves to the class, they had to introduce someone else.  They were given one question, then told to make up two more.  One of the questions he made up was amazing, so I'm borrowing it.  I don't remember exactly how he phrased it, but here is my version:

The zombie apocalypse has just occurred, what celebrity do you recruit for your team?

My response:  Ted Nugent.

You know he's got a cache of weapons, both guns and "silent killers" like bows and arrows and crossbows, probably some knives and other sharp weapons, and he's got survival skills.  Mr. Nugent would be able to feed us and keep us safe.  Plus, at night while we're hunkered down, I'm sure he's got some great stories to tell.

What celebrity would you pick?

3 comments:

  1. I find nothing admirable in a man who thinks animals are just pin cushions. And though he was deferred for the Vietnam War, failing the physical for an undisclosed reason, he admitted going in there acting in such a way that was "not normal." I didn't support the war, but his behaviour by admission was less than admirable. See snopes.com

    More importantly is his disrespect of the president; like him or hate him, he still is our country's leader and the office should be respected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if any of them are 'celebrities' in the true sense of the word, but I would pick anyone who was the winner of the show Survivor. Hell; they are on an island and have to find their own food and make shelter. I don't like the manipulation of the game, but having food, water and a place to shelter me from the elements makes that person invaluable. And if the zombies came, then I'd make an alliance with the zombies to eat the 'survivor' first. All's fair in war...right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice! Survivors WOULD have a good idea how to find food and shelter, which is very important. And good choice on the alliance! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer