Friday, February 22, 2013

A World Outside Zombies

It may come as a shock to some of you, but there is a world outside zombies--and it can be interesting!  I was given permission to talk about part of that "other" world as it pertains to me, so I hope you enjoy!

I write in a variety of genres, including fantasy, sci fi, and children's books.  I have two pictures books scheduled for release in April, as well as a middle grade book called The Ifs.  Recently, I received the cover for my middle grade book, and I have to say, it's freaking awesome! 


Here's what the book is about:

Landon and Broden don’t get along very well.  As brothers, they spend most of their day fighting with each other or plotting ways to get revenge.  Then, strange things start happening, such as homework being mysteriously finished and clothes being put away in the hamper.  The brothers want to share their weird experiences, but they don’t know if they can trust each other.  Then, when a tiny, six-inch tall man asks them to help him fight a battle, they’ll have to put their grudges away and learn how to work together.  Can they face their fears and figure out what it takes to be brave?

The book will be available in April (date forthcoming) from Little Devil Books.  I wrote it for my boys.  I wanted to give them a story; something tangible they could hang on to, point at, and say, "That's me!" Reading and writing are so important to me, and I wanted to make it fun for them.  I don't think they completely appreciate what I've done right now, but they will one day.  Or be completely embarrassed by it.  Either way, I win!

Don't worry, I'm not giving up zombies completely.  In fact, after the young adult novel I'm working on, I plan on writing another TWO zombie novels. 

1 comment:

  1. It is awesome! Congrats and please tell us next time about your new zombie stories.... curious minds would love to know!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer