Friday, January 10, 2014

The Science of Zombies: Nonfiction Update

I started working on this book in August.  It doesn't seem like it, but it was a long time ago.  Six months to be exact.  Considering the vast amount of research I have to do (and the fact that I keep getting pulled off this project to work on other things), I think I've made really good progress.  I have four chapters done (well, almost done--the fourth chapter is about 3/4 done).  They aren't consecutive, but they don't have to be.  One doesn't build off the other.  They can be stand alones.

The chapters I have done include:  Chapter 1:  Defining and Dissecting Zombies; Chapter 3:  Exotic Zombies; Chapter 4:  Playing God; and an unnumbered chapter called Zombies and Water (I'm not quite sure where this one is going to fit into the book just yet).

My goal (and what I've said in my proposal) is that I will have the book done by July.  When I first conceived of the book, that gave me an entire year to work on it.  I believe that I will still make that goal, but half of my time is already gone.  It's time to focus and get down to business.

I feel so lucky to live in a town with a university.  It's even more awesome that I work for the university, so I have connections to professors and experts in certain fields.  I love being able to walk onto campus and get information from them for this book.  Even though the vast majority of them aren't zombie fans (which I find really, really weird), they are all so supportive and willing to talk to me.  My acknowledgment section is going to be huge!

I would love to give you more details about the book, but it's still in a draft phase.  I have four chapters done, but they aren't done done.  Please stay tuned, my pretties, you'll get the scoop soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer