As writers, we all try to find new places to get our work published and find new readers. After all, readers are what it's all about! The fun is also trying out a different type of story or writing something new.
A few resources and new markets I've found:
* Jodie shares a detailed list of writing conferences for 2014 on her blog.
* Author Conda Douglas shared her recent publishing success and as I love writing flash, it sounds worth checking out. Romance Flash publishes stories to 1,000 words. Payment is a modest $3 via PayPal.
* Wow, just found The Foghorn. It pays $1,000! a story (takes nonexclusive rights forever) and publishes only 4 stories a month. Accepts different genres. Worth a shot!
* Wicked Words Quarterly (UK) takes flash to 750 words; short stories 1,000-7,500 words. Pays 1 cent word- fantasy, sci fi, horror. See full details at link.
* Emby Press - The Ghost Papers anthology - Open to Sept. 1. 2,000-8,000 words. Pay: $25.
* The Horror Zine opens March 1. Widely read horror ezine and does anthology collections. No pay.
* The Horror Tree is a terrific source for all kinds of open markets! Great resource to find a home for those dark and spooky stories!
* The Shroud Magazine - quarterly. Pays $25, 500-1,000 words; $50, 2,000-5,000; $65, 5,000 and up. Horror and suspense with other genres. See submission guidelines.
Hope you find something new to read and a new home for one of your stories!