Tuesday, January 3, 2023

New Year, New Review O is for Outbreak #horror

 It's always fun to get feedback on something you wrote, especially when it's positive.

 

Reviewer Sherry Fundin recently reviewed my story, "The Rumor That Refused to Die" and the anthology it's in, O is for Outbreak, book 15 of the A to Z of Horror series from Red Cape Publishing. He're's the B&N.com link also.

Here's part of the review. See the full review at Goodreads:

MY REVIEW for "The Rumor That Refused To Die" by Chris Verstraete

“Do you mean that story wasn’t true?…It says the policeman died in 1950 after his car fell into a giant sinkhole. I thought newspapers had to print the truth?”

“You be the judge,” her teacher said.

"The Rumor That Refused To Die" by Chris Verstraete shows how quickly a story changes, from person to person and time to time.. Amanda takes her school assignment and runs with it, digging deep, and I love where Chris went with the story. It had me smiling, because I have seen a movie with a creature like this, so it was easy to visualize....


MY REVIEW for the anthology as a whole

I was caught up in the creepy and didn’t stop until I read the last story. The wonderful thing about an anthology, you can pick it up for a quickie no matter where you are.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of O Is For Outbreak. 4 of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer