Friday, February 5, 2016

The Troll Hunter – A Review



This movie was awesome! I’m not normally a fan of found-footage films, but I had heard good things about this one, so I checked it out. Wow!

It wasn’t a horror film, it was a fantasy movie. My boys (7 and 8) watched it with me, and it didn’t frighten them at all—well, at least they told me it didn’t (and they didn’t have nightmares, so I believed them). It was done really well, and the trolls were just spectacular. It made me feel like a kid discovering something new for the first time. The film did a wonderful job of evoking emotion. I smiled with joy numerous times while watching it.

In a nutshell, the film is about three college students who are making a documentary about bear attacks in the Norwegian wild. But what they find is that it isn’t a bear, it’s the trolls. There’s conspiracies and cover ups, and it’s just really interesting.

I don’t know a lot about trolls, but this film made me want to learn more. It also made me want to investigate Norwegian history and their relationship with trolls. Seriously, it was a great film. I really enjoyed it.

Has anyone else seen this film? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon this on Netflix last year. I loved it too! I was surprised it was more fantasy than horror. Lots of campy fun and laughs. Were you shocked at that first troll? It was right there, and I didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the first troll didn't shock me. I was ready for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't expect it to be that big. LOL And it looked like a tree.

      Delete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer