Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Happy 2020! Still Writing - and you?


(animations: https://www.fg-a.com/newyear.shtml)

Happy 2020 to everyone!

Yes, I've been remiss in posting here. Taking a small break, I slowed down a bit on blog and other writing, but not totally. 

I'm taking on a new focus this year, trying to finish the mystery I started, which actually is going well. 

BUT... no I haven't totally given up on horror. I can't, it seems. I was slowing off but then I saw a couple anthology calls that got me inspired. So, I wrote a couple flash stories before New Year's. Then today I decided to expand one to a short story. 

These stories, like another I finished earlier, seem to be following a theme  - the '20s and '30s and gangsters. I was looking into a nonfiction project centering around that too. Still not sure how/if I'll follow up on all of it, but it's pretty interesting.

So with it being the '20s again, it seems fitting to be looking into the Roaring Twenties. I'd previously bought several books on the era to read, also. It's a fascinating time period.

So that's what I'm working on. We'll see where it all leads... Keep checking back for more projects and news.

And... What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer