Tuesday, October 4, 2022

The Munsters Movie #horror #Halloween

 The Munsters  - a movie by Rob Zombie...

I'd heard a lot of comments on this, especially as it was made by Rob Zombie. I've never seen his films as they usually seem rather weird... ) See RogerEbert.com review.

When I first saw the trailer I wondered as the characters are kind of goofy-looking (or goofier than the regular Munsters TV Show) But....

I liked it! It's not a great film by any means, kind of hokey and corny at times, but...it's fun. The regular Munsters show was kind of corny sometimes, too, and this plays on that. It's kind of an hour-plus version of the TV show but in color. The fun was seeing the classic monster appearances, finding a baby Spot, and the funny play on a famous singing pair. It had moments of referring to the old black-and-white TV versions, too.

It's a goofy, fun, light-hearted movie and I think I'll definitely watch it again as I'm sure I missed some things the first time. I especially liked the castle decor.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a fun time! It really doesn't try to be the original Munsters, but it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer