Brains, as any zombie knows, are an every day delicacy. And for us more mortal types, they aren't just for Halloween.
Thought I'd look around and found some, er, interesting recipes, some I might not have even thought of. So, get the cooking gear out and enjoy!
** If you were to make any of these (c'mon admit it), what would be your choice and why?
And since we are talking brains today, here's a miniature brain necklace (1 1/2" tall) by rudeandreckless on etsy that is actually kind of cute.
But if you really are "dying" for some brainnnnnssss, try out these recipes:
1. There's always room for Jell-o, right? Some interesting choices here like the green Frankenstein brain or yeah, the oozing brain. Yum.
2. Here's one I've never thought of.... Brain Chicken Salad - video on YouTube. (It's worth a peek just to see this woman's hat.)
3. Got some time on your hands? How about carving a seedless watermelon to look like a brain?
4. I love avocado, but I'm not sure this Halloween Brain Dip in a cauliflower would go over too well...
5. Yup, gee how about the classic Bloody Brains and Maggots (there's a pop-up when you click)
6. A whole treasure trove of brain recipe photos
7. May be the grossest looking one, unless you are a zombie, of course - panna cotta gelatin brain mold
8. And top it off with, mmm, a bloody brain shooter....
Hungry yet? haaa!