Photo: goldy, freedigitalphotos.net
1. Even after X rewrites and re-reads, you'll still find a mistake you didn't see the first 10 times.
2. You'll see that mistake, clunky sentence, oft-repeated word etc. only after you're ready to send it out again.
3. Better yet, you won't see that mistake (see above) until after you hit Send.
4. That sentence you changed still sounds better the first time instead of the 10th or 15th time you rewrote it.
5. If you keep reading something long enough, you won't know if it's used right or wrong.
6. Even when you use a grammar check online, you still won't know if it sounds or looks right.
7. The longer you read something, the more the whole thing sounds wrong.
8. That sentence is bad.
9. So is that one.
10. Arggh! This project stinks. The whole thing is terrible. I'm terrible. I suck.
So it goes. Happy Writing!!
Oh, the joys of being a writer!!