Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Writing Blog Hop - Writing Progress

Making my life easier by following themes is part of the goals for 2015. So, I saw this Writing Blog Hop at The Horror Hotel and decided to tag along. 

The idea is to answer a few questions about writing and then pass the post baton to someone else. Sounds fun! 

The questions:

Name:
Author of:
Website:

1. What am I working on?
2. How does my work differ from others in the genre?
3. Why do I write what I do?
4. How does my writing process work?

That's it. I'll answer these then tag a couple other writers to answer them and come on the blog so stay tuned!



  C.A. Verstraete - author of GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie

1. What am I working on?

I completed a historical zombie tale featuring a real-life crime and am toying with some ideas for the second book. I also am finishing up a prequel to GIRL Z telling the story of Spence, the cousin who comes home and infects Becca with the Z virus via an accidental scratch. This is more an adult novella and not young adult.

2. How does my work differ from others in the genre?

I'd say that I try to add different elements to my stories by coming up with the unexpected. I also like to add touches of humor to lighten the "gore," depending on the story, of course.

3. Why do I write what I do?

I've read too many zombie stories that are just about fighting or only about the gore. To me, writing is a learning process. I try to add dimensions and layers to my stories and work on improving with each story or book.

4. How does my writing process work?

I'm an outliner. I outline the main elements of the story so I have something to work from and know where it is going, more or less. Ideas do come to me as I write, or something unexpected will pop up. Sometimes (when I'm really lucky!) if I am working hard on something, I'll get some good ideas of what to do with it or where to go next in my dreams. 

Someone else's turn:

Next, I invite Courtney Mroch, W.D. Gagliani and Jean Rabe to share their thoughts and tell us about their work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer