Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Teaser Tuesday Paranormal & #Zombie reads

Thought I'd join in today in Teaser Tuesday at Should Be Reading. (March 9 the blog moves to adailyrhythm.com)

What to do: 

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

******************

*** I'm guilty of hopping to several books lately unless it's one I really get into. So I'll include a couple reads today.

I fell in love with Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters series, an arm of the FBI with paranormal abilities who investigate crimes with "ghostly" influences. Each book is set in a different era.

About the book: 

  In The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters Book 5), bodies are being dumped in  San Antonio. The Krewe members use their abilities to see ghosts to investigate what happened in the 1800s that could be influencing present day crimes at the historic Longhorn saloon and the Alamo. 


San Antonio, Texas, 1800s: In room 207 at the Longhorn Saloon, in the long shadow of the Alamo, a woman was brutally murdered. Her killer was never found.

One year ago: In that same historic room, another woman vanished without a trace.

In the past months, San Antonio has become a dumping ground for battered bodies. When Texas Ranger Logan Raintree is approached to lead a group of elite paranormal investigators working the case, he accepts the challenge. And with it, his powerful ability to commune with the dead. - from Amazon.

Excerpt:

Hearing Alana call to him when she was already dead hadn't been his first experience with unacknowledged senses. He'd had opportunities as a child to embrace both Apache and Comanche ways--entirely different from each other.


  I'll also include another couple lines from my book: GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie  (From Chapter 11)

About the book:


Sixteen-year-old Rebecca Herrera Hayes faces every teenager's biggest nightmares: bad skin, bad hair, and worse . . . turning into one of the living dead.

But... time is running out. Becca  needs to find something, anything, to stop this deadly transformation-- before it is forever too late...

Excerpt: 

Even I had trouble breathing and stumbled backwards at the horrid stench of rotten eggs and spoiled meat wafting my way. Several long gashes on his arms, and probably elsewhere, explained the smell. 


5 comments:

  1. Both of them sound very interesting!

    Mine is from a YA fantasy this week: http://pdworkman.com/riseofthedragons/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Heather Graham and Girl Z sounds good too. I don't know what I would do if I was turning into a zombie. There doesn't seem to be a future in it. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but as the main character in GIRL Z is part-zombie there is a future.... kind of ha!

      Delete
  3. I am a big fan of Heather Graham.
    Love the teaser. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-6.html?zx=51025612206bab48

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Unseen and Unspoken this past week. I love the Krewe! I have Girl-Z. Are you liking it?

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/03/teaser-tuesdays-104-demon-energy/

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer