Welcome to Coffin Hop 2014!
During the 2014 COFFIN HOP event, a special group of "scary" authors (including: Christian Larsen; Linda Godfrey; W.D. Gagliani; Pembroke Sinclair; Jean Rabe; Jaime Johnesee; and me) will be sharing on this blog about our favorite monsters, so be sure to stop by and comment!
** Don't forget to stop by the main Coffin Hop site and visit over 50 authors, artists, etc. Coffin Hopping through Halloween. There'll be prizes, giveaways, ghoulish fun and more! (See all the Coffin Hop books at the bookstore. Most posts here have giveaways too ending 10/31.)
Coffin Hop Thoughts:
By Christine (C.A.) Verstraete
I know that it's not just the everyday people who love #horror and #zombies. Of that huge 17 million-plus viewing base for the premiere of The Walking Dead, there had to be some famous and well-known people who couldn't wait to sit and watch.
That got me thinking: what would the famous and well-known put on their reading lists and bookshelves? What scary books would they read, or what would be their favorite monster or character? Here's my tentative idea list of randomly chosen books. **Be sure to check out the giveaway-contest at the end. **
Horror Books the Famous and Well-Known May Read:
1. Cher - Eternally youthful (we know she's had some "work" done.) No, I don't thinks she is evil inside and no malice intended. I've liked her for years and have many of her cd's, albums, a newer Cher Doll, and the 1970s Mego Cher Doll and outfits. It is the outer which made me think of the ever youthful - Picture of Dorian Gray (Dover Thrift Editions).
2. Brad Pitt: Naturally, he should have a copy of The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles Book 2).
3. David Boreanaz (Bones, Angel) - He's been a vampire and now digs up bones on Bones. So, of course, he would read a book about an army of Skeletons.
4. David Bowie - What better read for Ziggy Stardust than something about monsters in space? Space Monster - Free Floating In Space Anthology Series: Short Science Fiction And Fantasy Stories In Comic Book Form Full Of Mild Romance, Cosmic Horror Novels, Alien Thrillers And Sci Fi Suspense.
5. Madonna - In The Virgin Vampire (French Horror Book 16), , a soldier in Napoleon's army goes back on his marriage vow and is revisited by his vampiric ex-love out for revenge. (I chose this book for its uniqueness and it sounded good.)
6. Hayden Panetierre - The lovely and talented actress plays the selfish singer Juliette Barnes on one of my favorite shows, Nashville.
As her ex-boyfriend on the show claimed, she consumes everyone in her path, hence the perfect pick: Consumed (The Hunger Book 2).
** And... More Halloween Fun! Stop by my other blog from Oct. 27-31 for something really different - Halloween in Miniature 2014 ! **
** Your Turn: Comment and include your
favorite actor/singer-horror, scary book matches for the contest. **
GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie (US shipping only, and please do review it on Goodreads and Amazon.) Be sure to include a way to contact you.
* YA Winner: 2013 Halloween Book Festival
** * Get it while you can! Halloween gift - sale 99 cents for 24 hours to 10/26. Changes to 1.99 (still a deal!)