Monday, September 14, 2015

Getting Inspired...

  I'm between projects which is probably one of the worst places for a writer to be.

It's not that I don't have things to write--I do. Plenty. The problem is many of these are stories I started and stopped.

Sometimes you run out of story.

Sometimes you realize the story is going wrong and you can't think how to fix it.

Sometimes you (okay I) have a habit of repeating a certain scenario and don't want to do it again.

So, it's brainstorming time.

I really would like to write a zombie story for younger kids. I wrote a short story, which I like, but now I have a longer story that I want to finish. I like the basic premise, it's kind of fun, but I wrote myself into a dilemma. I don't like the situation I've put the character in as it's slightly unbelievable, kind of too familiar, and I need to rework it.  That's the hard part when your brain won't give you a new idea or another place to go.

So for now, I'm going to ask for ideas; rework an outline and see if I can get this project back on track. I wanted it to be a short, quirky, fun novella type story about a boy who turns zombie and how he copes. I have to change some things in it.

Ideas? Any suggestions are welcome.





4 comments:

  1. How about, just as a means to jiggle your creativity a bit, look at the exact same story through the eyes of a different character? A different child perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An existing character, I mean :) (sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Scott... good to have ideas to mull over. Someone else gave me an idea too to think on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably end up switching a lot around and changing stuff. Eh, it happens..

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer