Monday, October 22, 2018

Today's Creepy #Halloween Read #vampires

What I'm Reading:

 I admit I didn't finish reading the first book, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter though I absolutely LOVE the movie! It's one of those movies I like to watch again. 

I'll have to go back to the book again even though I'm reading the sequel. I didn't know there was one. While it's a few years old, it's fantastic reading!

The Last American Vampire, Seth Grahame-Smith - (See this link for free preview, 1st 3 chapters) Sequel to Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.  The book follows the story of vampire Henry Sturges through the centuries. It starts with Henry mourning the loss of his friend, Abe Lincoln and then... well, I won't give it away. There are some big surprises later, too.

What I like about the book is how it twists historic events. Real life events and persons are included, the Ripper murders, Rasputin, Tesla, Edison, different presidents... What's interesting is the twist on reality - a different reason why Rasputin was as strange (and evil) as he was in real life... Tesla's experiments, how the tide of World War II turned...  

If you like history, it's fascinating reading. 

What are you reading??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer