Monday, September 23, 2013

World War Z Movie Review




Finally got the chance to see the World War Z movie...

Verdict? Yes!

While it did have some slow parts in the beginning, was an obvious vehicle for Brad Pitt, and has nothing to do with the Max Brooks book except in name, (who didn't seem to like it at first), it was nevertheless a decent movie.

Lately, there's been a slew of movies that must've been made for either 1. the actress's/actor's ego 2. or just for a paycheck. You know, those movies that look good in clips and ads on TV and then are BO-RING or just really suck when you watch them at home.

This isn't one of those.

The story isn't bad and there's a couple questionable parts like why all those people are singing in Israel when the zombies are milling outside,(?) but it has some good parts, too. The zombies, in this case, are freaky-creepy-scary and super lightning fast! I definitely will take the traditional, slow, shambling zombie any day!

Most surprising was the "cure" they came up with. I won't say what if you didn't see it yet. Could it work? Maybe, but it still was a different idea to stop, or at least stall, the infection rate.

* Your thoughts? What did you think of the movie?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! Max Brooks actually did like the movie. From USA Today: "I was expecting to hate, it and I wanted to hate it because it was so different from my book, and yet the fact that it was so different from my book made it easier to watch because I didn't watch my characters and my story get mangled," Brooks says. "So I was just watching somebody else's zombie movie, which was fun and intense."

    I got to see the fan screening in Austin and Brad Pitt showed up. To say the least, we all went nuts. I have the coolest shirt from the screening with the state of Texas on it and the logo from the movie. I'm still blown away that the movie has made over a half billion worldwide. YAY! ZOMBIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, as when I'd interviewed him he seemed skeptical and not too complimentary, and when I heard him speak of it in person, he joked about it, though that is his nature, of course. But that it was so different did make it two different "animals." How cool that Pitt showed up at your screening., How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer