Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The best and worst places to be in a zombie apocalypse

As I sit here in Minnesota and watch the snow come down, an image of a zombie trying to move through two feet of icy, cold powder is enough to make me smile. Obviously the northern part of the U.S. wouldn't be an ideal place for zombies to survive as the elements would surely slow them down. Personally, I think I'd move to Alaska to hang with the grizzly, black, and polar bears, which might be great allies when it comes to dealing with the undead. Or, gulp, maybe it would backfire and they'd turn into ravenous bear-zombies. I think I'd still take that chance.

Places that I would definitely avoid in a zombie apocalypse would include California, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada because of the extreme heat in the summer. Not only would you have to deal with the loss of central-air, but the smell of decomposing and rancid bodies would be unbearable in one-hundred-and-twenty degree weather. Another horrible place to be in a zombie apocalypse would be a cruise ship. Can you imagine being stuck on a ship with nowhere to go but into the ocean? Sure, you could jump over the side and hope to survive with the sharks, but I don't know which decision would be scarier- trying to throw thousands of zombies off of a cruise ship or the danger lurking under the surface of the ocean.

Zombie

3 comments:

  1. Last year in MN it was sunny and 80 in March. Today it feels like -10 and I shoveled again yesterday because we got another four or five inches of snow. The weather here is so unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. In WI we're getting the snow we should've had two months ago. And it is freezing today!!! Hate it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer