Friday, March 1, 2013

Zombie Works in Progress

Last Friday, I shared with you my middle grade, nonzombie story and mentioned that I have two zombie books in the works.  I'm sure you are all curious to know more about them, so here are the details I have.  Remember, these are pretty rough drafts, so things will probably change once I start writing them.

The first novel I'm going to work on is based on my short story that appears in the following book:


You can purchase it here.  The story is called "Live, and Let them be Undead."  I'm going to take the basic premise and expand it into a novel.  There will be intrigue, mystery, suspense, and, of course, zombies.  But these won't be your normal, run-of-the-mill shamblers.  They will be genetically altered.  It's going to be exciting!

The second novel that I have planned is an expansion of a novella I started a while ago.  I got stuck on the story, so I put it away for a while.  It's turning out to be a lot longer than I expected.  I think I have a new direction for the story to go, so I'm going to see if I can make it flow better.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  This one will be more of a traditional zombie tale.

I have the groundwork laid for these books, now I just need the time.  I'm finishing up some other novels, then I'll get started on these two.  My projected timeline is to have at least one of them done by the end of the year.  Maybe both.  Depends on my motivation.  I will keep you informed of my progress!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Always great to have new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never big on Zombies, not being much on horror - unless it was Frankenstein and Boris Karloff, or The Twilight Zone, but I have to admit that once I started reading here, it was difficult to stop. I had to gouge my eyes out. Ok, that didn't happen. I only did one since I have to drive, but it seemed to fit the Zombie persona.

    So I heard on the radio that Zombie dolls are all the rage of late. Upwards of six-hundred a pop!

    I think I'm in the wrong genre.

    Best regards,
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaa! Maybe one of us can use you as a book character now... do you mean the Zombie High Dolls? Yeah big collectibles, which I missed out on, like the 90's stock craze and everything else....

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer