Saturday, March 1, 2014

Zombie Book Excerpt from GIRL Z: Teen Zombie Chapter 3

I'm going to share a continuing series of quotes/excerpts from GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie by C.A. Verstraete. So here's a little preview...


* Amazon - Print and Kindle - Girl Z: My Life As A Teenage Zombie
*  See Excerpt Chapter 1  - Chapter 2


Chapter 3: (Where Becca wakes up in the hospital, unsure why or what happened.)

I turned and caught a glimpse of myself in the metal container on the table next to me. Familiar chocolate brown eyes stared back from under ebony bangs. Dark brows.

Spots.

My hands flew to my cheeks. Oh, my face! At first, I almost thought I had some kind of mask on, or someone had brushed on a layer of fireplace ash for makeup. The blotches stood out in contrast to the pink, peeling spots.

I banged the bed rail and screamed. This was much more than a made-up crisis like a bad hair day, or some quickly forgotten drama.

I was ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer