There is a new blog-Facebook game going around that I thought I'd share for fun.
The Fives: Tell 5 facts about your WIP (Work-in-progress) and then tag five friends so they can do the same. Be sure to link to the previous person's post.
I'm going to share on my current book, GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie and will share soon on my other work once I am closer to done and can reveal more about it. Read to the bottom to see whom I tag.
Five Facts about GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombmie:
1. My main character, Rebecca Herrera Hayes, who prefers being called Becca, is a 16-year-old old part-Hispanic girl who lives in a small Wisconsin town between Milwaukee and Chicago. She finds her life turned upside down (and inside out) when her other cousin, Spence, comes home and shares a secret – he's becoming a zombie. She is infected and turns part-zombie through an accidental scratch from Spence.
2. Becca is a "girly" girl who thinks the body makeup and the great "Ghoul Girl Pink" lip gloss invented by another woman who was infected is the greatest invention ever. Hey, you can't fight zombies if everyone wants to do you in when they see you. This helps her blend in more.
3. Despite her one obsession with the makeup, Becca is not afraid to shoot at or fight off the full zombies. She'll do whatever it takes to protect her family, though there is one zombie did she have problems with. It's not every day you run into a little old lady who should be knitting instead of trying to bite you. Read an excerpt here about Becca and the Grandma Z…
4. The book is set in Wisconsin - in the small "fictional" town of Willowdale and in Lake Geneva, but Becca and friends also travel to Chicago and end up with what I think of as a kind of zombies-Three Stooges scene at a hospital.
5. Becca is close to her family and friends. They give her strength and support, even when things look the darkest. They give her hope when sometimes she has none and has trouble looking to the future—or wondering if she even has one. But it's not as dark - always - as you might think... or is it?
Kindle and print, Amazon.com – http://tinyurl.com/mwjn6v3
Amazon Canada: http://tinyurl.com/d8jv9hu
Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/d889gzn