- About GirlZombieAuthors!
- Lizzie Borden, #Zombie Hunter!
- C.A. Verstraete - GIRL Z: Teenage Zombie - Changes
- A to Z 2016!
- Halloween Reads 2016!
- Oct. Frights Oct. 10-15 2016
- Fave Zombie Posts
- Pembroke Sinclair: Life After the Undead - Undead Obsessed
- Karina Fabian: Zombie Humor, Neeta Lyffe Series
- Monster Week!
- Summer of Zombie!
- Women in Horror Month
- Coffin Hop 2014
Monday, January 14, 2013
From film to page, and page to film, zombies and vampires...
Given my interest in most things paranormal and a longtime vampire fan before I was bit by the zombie bug, you'd have thought a book with the title, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter would've caught my attention.
Funny, I didn't pay much attention for some reason. Then I saw the movie trailer not long ago and thought, wow, is that intriguing!
Well, having just watched it, this may be a first where a film got me interested in a book. I loved it! The premise - that Lincoln's battles and the Civil War had a far more serious and nefarious danger behind the scenes - was entirely plausible. For me, it worked.
Lincoln as the emancipator took on a whole new role. As an author, this is the kind of thing you should look at - the layers of what could be, what might be.... and the consequences. Turning history on its ear and giving it a paranormal twist is not only fun, but can be taken in so many directions.
It gives me food for thought for a novel-novella idea I've been toying with... yes, with zombies, of course!
So this was a switch for me, where for once, I actually saw a film before I read the book. Now hoping the book is better and not too different, but looking forward to reading it.
* Anyone read this one or see the film? Reactions?
* Your thoughts on books to film.... does it ruin the read for you? Disappointed usually or like them?