Thursday, December 26, 2013

Tis the Season....


In this gift-giving season, it's a good time to reflect on what your're thankful for.

To repeat some of a previous post I did:

Besides the obvious - health, having some kind of job and not being on the street - 2013 was a good year, despite the economy.

What else I'm thankful for:

* Still being able to write despite the changing world of newspapers. They remain my first love though it is getting challenging to stay in that field at all.

* Having my first horror-zombie-ya-sci fi book out and a publisher interested in publishing a "non-typical" book. I enjoyed writing GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie  and hope to continue finding new readers and enthusiasts.

*  Continuing to be part of a fun, supportive and interesting writer's group and having supportive writer friends who share writing opportunities. You never stop learning.

*  I appreciate the writers and collectors I've met online. It's fun to share their successes and go along the writing journey with them.

* I especially appreciate readers willing to give a book a chance and get to know an author they may not have known before. It's a treat getting feedback when someone enjoys your book and your writing.

So, what are you thankful for? Share some of your writing highlights for 2013!

Here's to an even better 2014 and a dwindling of trolls spreading their 1 and 2 star sour "reviews" everywhere!

Take time to enjoy the lights and faith and the things you already have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer