Friday, December 13, 2013

Zombies Bring People Together

That really goes without saying.  After all, when there are just a handful of humans left, the best thing to do is pool resources and fight the undead threat as a whole.  The survival rate is generally much higher.  Zombies also bring people together who share a passion for the genre, whether it be films or books, whatever.  They bring people together for Zombie Walks, which more often than not are done to raise awareness or funds for a charity.

As I've been working on my nonfiction book, it amazes me how zombies have brought me together with people from all walks of life and from different parts of the world.  Interestingly, the vast majority of them aren't even zombie fans, but they are so happy to help me with my research and have  given me great ideas for the book.

For example, I recently had an email conversation with a woman who lives on the East Coast but goes to Haiti every few months to work.  She's had experiences with zombies.  I've talked to people in England about zombies.  I've talked to anthropologists, scientists, professors, astronomers, and they have been so freaking awesome!

It's amazing what one creature can do for the world.  They scare us, yet they unite us.  Maybe they're the answer to world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer