Thursday, May 8, 2014

Story a Day - A Zombie Flash

 I've been trying to get closer to the end of my other zombie novel I'm working on, so I'm writing some little flash stories here and there for Story A Day.

Today's flash story is inspired by yesterday's Story A Day prompt Ending Line: I clicked off the safety, swearing that if she showed her face here today, my room would be the last one she ever entered.


The End? 

I'd considered telling her I loved her, but hadn't.  Now the thought mocked me.

 I clicked off the safety.... 

A shuffle and a moan announced her arrival. I stared at her once pretty face, now distorted and decayed. 

I aimed, wishing I could tell her I was sorry. 


Wishing the apocalypse hadn't changed everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer