Today is the letter F of the A to Z Blog Challenge
So thought I'd share some Tips For Writing and other inspiration that I came across
A Few of My Top Writing Tips, Off the Top of My Head...
1. Simple: Write. Practice makes perfect. The more you write, the more you should improve.
2. Read other authors. Don't like to read? I say, really??? You can always learn from how another author presents an idea or turns a phrase...
3. Take a basic English class and/or a journalism class. Learn the basics. It'll give you a strong foundation to build on.
4. Don't make excuses. There is no such thing as writing block. Sometimes a story doesn't work or is not going well. Change to something else.
5. My sin: don't be impatient. Writing a book or story takes many rewrites and re-reads.
Letting it sit a few days or so gives you a fresh outlook.
Yes, you'll grow to hate it by the time that last re-read comes along. ha! But you should be happy with the final product.
6. Enlist beta readers. There are readers who love getting that first look and will let you know what works, and what doesn't. Extra pairs of eyes can't be beat!
7. Let the book or story unfold in your head like a movie. Seeing it helps you to bring it to life.
8. Write daily. Like anything else, it's a habit that should be nurtured. Use it or lose it!
** Check out the full list of A to Z blogs here.
** See all this blog's A to Z posts and links here.