Friday, April 11, 2014

Blogging A to Z, J is for Jared Rackler, Cover Designer

They always say you're not supposed to judge a book by a cover, but that's exactly what people do all the time.  It's the first thing that catches your eye, the first thing that makes you grab the book to find out more about it.

I love getting book covers.  It's better than Christmas.  There is nothing more exciting than seeing how someone translates your story into a picture.  One of my favorite covers is for my novelette, Finding Eden.  Jared was able to capture the soul of the story in just a few images.  I thinks it's just amazing.


Drunk womanizer Duke, spends his life selfishly taking care of himself and screw the rest of the world. After one particular black-out alcoholic binge, he wakes to find the world changed the dead are rising from their graves. 

Lonely, guilt-ridden Hank is someone who minds his own business, and sympathetic but strong-willed Lana is on the receiving end of harassment by other students. Forced together for survival, the three misfits must confront their world gone strange. 

God said the people of Earth would be punished for their sins, and so the end has come. Duke, Hank, and Lana must walk their own paths to salvation, but they also must depend on each other. Will their salvation lie in Finding Eden? 

A Zombie story with inspirational elements. 

3 comments:

  1. I admit I have never trusted anyone to interpret my novels to create the covers. I've always told the artists what I want, at least general guidelines.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer