Thursday, April 3, 2014

Blogging A to Z - C is for Carm, a Zombie Girl's Best Friend

      *** DEAL! Kindle Countdown Sale 4/4/14 - 99 cents! - $1.99 4/5 and then regular price!! ***

I won't do the obvious and say C is for Chris. ha!

Today C at Blogging A to Z is for Carm, A Zombie Girl's Best Friend

Abbot had Costello. Mutt had Jeff. Fred Astaire had Ginger.


Even a girl who turns part-zombie needs a BFF. That's where Carm comes in.

Carm, short for Carmella Sanchez, is the best friend to the main character Becca in my book, GIRL Z: My Life as  a Teenage Zombie

As the secondary character, Carm is used to playing second fiddle, but that doesn't mean she always agrees, or goes along with what Becca wants. 

The main thing is her support - she's there for Becca who needs her friend and cousin more than ever when she is infected via an accidental scratch from her other cousin (Carm's brother) Spence, who comes home with a deadly secret--he's becoming a zombie.

Carm's there to boost Becca's confidence, give her a push when needed, and even get mad at her friend. Like friends do, they don't always see eye to eye, but they're still friends. A good thing to have in the worst of times (and what could be worse than turning part zombie?)


* Amazon - Print and Kindle - Girl Z: My Life As A Teenage Zombie
*  See Excerpt Chapter 1  - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3  - Chapter 4 - Chapter 5

Here's an excerpt with the two of them after Becca comes home from the hospital -

Chapter 6: GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie:

Careful to keep my face shielded, I stepped out and waited as my aunt paid the cabbie. He stared at us before taking off with a squeal of tires. The street was empty, no one about except for a few neighbors who peeked out their door or through their curtains. Probably trying to sneak a peek at the neighborhood freak, I mused. I forgot how fast word spread in a small neighborhood like ours.

I glanced at my cousin, her face so pinched with worry, she reminded me of one of those carved apple-head dolls I'd seen at a museum. "Hey, Carm, your mom ever tell you your face is going to stay that way?"

She frowned and gave me an angry glare, only making it worse. "What're you talking about?"

"What're you so bothered about?"

"What do you think?" She snapped and glanced at the houses next to us. "Everybody's peeking out the door, gawking at you like you're some freak."

"News flash, cuz. The new me. It's what I am. Don't worry. Word's gotten around, I'm sure. They'll be snooping around soon, coming over to borrow some sugar from Tia or a cup of masa, or flour, or something just to see if I've grown another head."

The idea made me snicker. Laugh or I knew I'd cry.

"There's nothing to laugh about, Bec."

Synopsis:

Life can suck when you're sixteen. It can suck even worse when you're not-quite-dead.

Sixteen-year-old Rebecca Herrera Hayes faces every teenager's biggest nightmares: bad skin, bad hair, and worse . . . turning into one of the living dead.

Becca's life changes forever when her cousin Spence comes back to their small Wisconsin town carrying a deadly secret—he's becoming a zombie, a fate he shares with her through an accidental scratch.

The Z infection, however, has mutated, affecting younger persons like her, or those treated early enough, differently. Now she must cope with weird physical changes and habits no girl wants to be noticed for.

But time is running out... Most of all, she needs to find something, anything, to stop this deadly transformation before it is forever too late...






4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, I bought your book. Looking forward to reading it. I see that it got all kinds of prizes. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barbara, thanks, hope you like it. Please do put some reviews up on amazon and goodreads when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carm sounds very interesting, as does the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love the concept of this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer