Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Blogging A to Z, S is for Horror Author Kristie Shafer


Blogging A to Z - S is for Shafer!



Meet Kristie K. Shafer, author of a new horror series called The Eternals!  She was kind enough to answer some questions for our Blogging A - Z Challenge this month, which I'm sure I'll be eternally grateful to her for doing so.  Anyway, I've read both of Kristie's books and I highly recommend them, especially if you're into apocalyptic horror and science fiction (and enjoy a little romantic steam in your books as well!) The first book is free on most Ebook stores, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by checking out this new author!





What inspired you to write your first book?
I have written short stories over the years, but never shared them with anyone.  When my best friend Rani passed away, I realized that life was short and we are only granted so much time on earth to follow our dreams.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
The main message in most of my stories is that love and family are truly the most important things in life.
What books have most influenced your life most?
I have so many books that have influenced me over the years that it is hard to pinpoint just one. I would have to say that any books by Stephen King, James Patterson or Dan Brown are all tied for first place.
What book are you reading now?
Room, by Emma Donoghue.
What are your current projects?
I am currently writing the third installment for my Eternals series.  It was such a blast bringing life to those characters, and I was not ready to say goodbye to them quite yet.
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
I can honestly say that I would not change a thing.  Each characters storyline was exactly where I wanted it to be.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
The biggest challenge that I had and still have is that I tend to be my worst critic.
Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned that it truly is never too late in life to do what you love to do.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
My advice to other writers…
My advice would be to always stay true to who you are, and to write about things that you are passionate about.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I want my readers to know what an honor it is that they have taken the times out of their lives to read something I have written.  I feel truly blessed knowing that my books are being enjoyed by so many people.
Get your free copy of The Eternals today!
 
Rani's world is shattered when Tyler, one of her good friends, reveals a horrifying secret, and then disappears without a trace. Later, she meets a mysterious stranger who steals her heart and sweeps her off of her feet. Little does she know that he has his own dark secrets, ones that threaten her very existence...

1 comment:

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer